TLCC Worship – Here are this week’s songs, and as always, they are on the Spotify playlist.
- Sing Sing Sing
- Holy Holy Holy (God With Us)
- Christ is Enough
- My Worth is Not in What I Own
- The Greatness of Our God
April 19-25 Bible Readings:
April 26- May 2 Bible Readings:
In a Nutshell: “The culture of consumption vs. a culture of appreciation looks like this: unsettled vs. content; wanting more vs. thankful for what we have; looking for meaning outside vs. looking for meaning from internal resources; restless vs. at peace; focused on quantity vs. focused on quality”—Richard Foster
Ice Breaker: How has your standard of living changed over the past 10 years? How do you expect it to change over the next 10 years?
- Principle #8 - God wants us to be content with what we have. Satan wants us to envy what others have.
- Principle #13 - God wants us to focus on having a good “home” (family) . Satan wants us to focus on having a better house.
Title: "God wants you Content, Satan wants you Needing More"
- Principle #5 We are to love God and use money to glorify Him. Satan suggests we love money and use God to get it.
- Principle #23 God wants us to have generous hands and a grateful heart. Satan suggests we get all we can and have a grudging heart.
Some Questions to Consider:
- How is the rich man described as he left Jesus? Mk. 10:22
- Who wrote Ecc. 5:10?
- How would a person loving God look different from someone loving money? Lk. 16:13;
- What makes it possible for a person to decide to be content with what they have? Heb. 13:5,6
- How would a person living according to the spirit look different from a person living according to the flesh? Rom. 8:5-6
- When did the Psalm writer gain a deeper understanding of how to deal with the perception that the wicked seem to become wealthy and remain healthy? Ps. 73: 17