IN A NUTSHELL:Realistic expectations from the sending church. Normal struggles and ups and downs, plus the added stress of living in a foreign culture. No minister or missionary can be strong in every area. Dynamic speaker, great administrator, deeply relational or financial wizard are sometimes unrealistic expectations of missionaries. We must resist the temptation to play the comparison game.
Sanctification: Inspired by God’s Grace, informed by God’s Word, prompted by God’s Spirit, led by Jesus, followed by You. (The cutting away of the invaluable to become the most valuable.)
- What words and phrases are in today's Scriptures that indicate spiritual growth should be progressive?
- What are the consequences of ignoring our opportunity to "walk to please God"?
- What are some of the specific ways we are not to live now that we are Christians?
- How did Paul describe his inward battle with sin?
- How are we delivered from this "body of death?"
- Do you tend to expect more out of missionaries/ministers than you do yourself?
- Have you notice a greater awareness of sin in your life through the years?
- What are some things God is trying to get you to stop looking at?
- What would it mean for you to "look into God's eyes" and avoid looking over your shoulder?
Objectives: To explain the meaning and significance of the concept “sanctification”. To cut through the theology to inspire the worshipper to long for “more and more.” To learn how to grow! To learn how to leave the old life behind. Maybe most importantly to be reminded that WE ARE, WITH GOD’S HELP, TO DESIRE TO LEAVE THE OLD LIFE BEHIND!
Outcomes: The worshipper should see a Scriptural foundation for always growing spiritually based upon grace, not on a list of rules. They should learn how to be realistic about their expectations for themselves and for others, and yet still personally strive for and encourage others to be their best. To “Dance like there’s no yesterday”, to look in the eyes of Jesus rather than looking over their shoulder.
- Introduction to Thessalonians
- Got Questions - What is Sanctification?
- TLCC Missions Policy
- Good News Production Project "NOMAD"
- TLCC Mission Support Application
- My Story: A Life Changed - stories of people's journey from various worldviews to belief in Christ
- Becoming a Christian on a Napkin
- 2016 MOSAIC SERIES AND BIBLE READINGS
- 12 FRANCIS SCHAEFFER QUOTES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE CULTURE (RELEVANT MAGAZINE)
- INSPIRED EVIDENCE – A GOOD DEVOTION BOOK FOR 2016
- TIMBER LAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WEBSITE
- TIMBER LAKE LIVE! (SIMULCAST)
- TIMBER LAKE’S PAST VIDEOS (YOUTUBE)