IN A NUTSHELL: Joy to the world … the gospel in both Old & New… the good news is to all the world not just you!
- Psalm 2 - How is Jesus (The Anointed One) regarded by God? by Kings of other nations? by those that are lost? by those that seek refuge in Him?
- How did Jesus describe his work as he announced to His people that he was the Messiah? Luke 4:18-19
- How many different ways does God say in the Old Testament that His intention was to save the world not just the Jews? Gen. 12:3; Ps. 22:27; Is. 42:4; 49:6; 56:3,6; 60:1-3; Jer. 16:19-21; Zec. 2:11; Mal. 1:11
- What key points of the gospel are described in both the Old and New Testaments? Rom. 3:23 & Is. 64:6; Rom. 6:23 & Is. 59:2; 1 Pet. 2:24 & Lev. 17:11; Heb. 8:6 & Jer. 31:31-34; Jn. 3:16 & Dan. 12:2
- Have you ever heard of a "Messianic Psalm"? How might this Psalm help you have a more accurate view of the Christmas season?
- Consider introducing a Christmas tradition from a foreign nation into this years celebration...
- How many of the key elements of the Gospel found in both the Old and New Testaments are you comfortable explaining to someone new?
Objective - Pluralism says all faiths are equal. The Bible says God is Sovereign over all Nations, and the Joy of redemption is for all nations. The Gospel is age old, found in both the Old and Testaments. The Christmas traditions of many cultures reflect shadows of the story of Jesus’ birth.
Outcomes: The worshipper should leave respectful of how transcendent the message of CHRISTmas is around the world. It’s not about YOU! Many foreign traditions and pagan religions reflect on the need for new life, redemption and giving gifts out of love.
- Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? - Psalm 2:1
- Blessed are all who take refuge in Him - Psalm 2:12
- Salvation is offered to the “ends of the earth” - Gen. 12:3; Ps. 22:27; Is. 42:4; 49:6; 56:3,6; 60:1-3; Jer. 16:19-21; Zec. 2:11; Mal. 1:11 -
- The gospel is in both the Old & New Testaments - Rom. 3:23 & Is. 64:6; Rom. 6:23 & Is. 59:2; 1 Pet. 2:24 & Lev. 17:11; Heb. 8:6 & Jer. 31:31-34; Jn. 3:16 & Dan. 12:2