Sunday’s play list via YouTube
This Week’s Bible Readings Nov. 22-28
Texts: Luke 1:26-56
IN A NUTSHELL: Many women’s lives historically have been divided into pre-marriage/post marriage, pre-college or post college, pre-children or post-children. Mary’s life could have been regarded as “pre-Gabriel” and “post-Gabriel." In every stage of life there are obstacles and opportunities. What we choose to see as we embrace that stage may make the difference of finishing well or destroying a great Godly legacy.
- How does the Bible describe people responding to an angel appearing to them?
- What was at stake (going to be the cost) for Mary because of this announcement?
- What are the ironies, contrasting views, or “reversals” that Mary sees in God’s announcement to her?
- What seemed to inspire Mary to view this as an opportunity of service, rather than an obstacle in her life?
- How do you imagine responding if an angel appeared to you for any reason?
- How has being a faithful Christian (parent, spouse, employee, church leader) been an obstacle to your comfort, happiness, or life enjoyment?
- “Motherhood” for many ladies become a source of personal fulfillment. Knowing what Mary watched take place in Jesus’ life how much “personal fulfillment” do you imagine her receiving from being Jesus’ mother?
- How have you practice viewing challenges as opportunities?
- What are some Scriptures that you need to embrace which can help you view life obstacles as Godly opportunities to fulfill His purpose?
- Do you sense God calling on you to sacrifice any life hope or dream for Him to be able to fulfill His purpose through your ministry instead?
- This week's CARE Sheet CARE Sheet 12-1-15
- TLCC’s 2015 Advent Calendar
- Mary - The Virgin Birth of Jesus compared to the Mythological god Mithras
- Timber Lake Christian Church Website
- Timber Lake’s past videos (Vimeo)