Sunday’s play list via YouTube
This Week’s Bible Readings Sept. 20- 26
Title: “The Day of At-One-Ment - at what cost?”
In a Nutshell: "At-One-Ment" in today's vernacular might be "on the same page", "soul-mates", "of the same mind and heart". Atonement Day in the Old Testament was that annual reminder that God and His people would only be "at-one" because of God's provision and man's obedience. Since Jesus' sacrifice the Day of Atonement is a good day for us to ask ourselves if we are living out of gratitude and obedience or selfishness and entitlement. In other words, "am I and God of the same mind and heart?"
- What are the sins listed in the New Testament that describe a life outside of the will of God? (1 Cor 6:9-11, Gal. 5:19-21, Rev. 21:8)
- What does the author of Hebrews say the blood of bulls and goats could cleanse? What about the blood of Jesus?" (Hebrews 9:11-14)
- Based upon the entire chapter of Matthew 25 what criteria seems to be used for determining who will be regarded as sheep, and who will be judged as goats?
- Putting it all together…
- At what point do you begin moving from good intentions to actual success when congratulating your kids for doing the right thing? What is the difference between "good intentions" and "righteousness"?
- What does it look like when people choose not to honor God as God, or acknowledge Him, or even worse to live in opposition to His commands? How can this be made understandable for children and youth?
- CARE Sheet –CARE Sheet 9-3-15
- Yom Kippur - Pre- & Break- fast menus
- Ten Days of Awe
- A Solemn Assembly
- Core Values of My Preaching & Teaching Ministry - Doug Delp
- Freedom of Religion (not freedom from religion) - Doug Delp
- How Could a Loving God Send Anyone to Hell? Christian Standard Article
- Timber Lake’s past videos (Vimeo)