Sunday’s play list via YouTube
Last Week’s Bible Readings Sept. 6 – 12
This week’s Bible Readings Sept. 13- 19
Title: “The Feast of Trumpets”
In a Nutshell: The shofar (Ram's horn) was used to "call God's people together" and the feast was expressly stated to be kept as a "memorial." The feast of Trumpets is the first of three fall festivals united by the thought of redemption and atonement. It has been called "10 days of Awe" referring to the need for repentance and redemption through God's amazing grace. If "The Trumpet" was blown today would you be ready? While we should not become legalistic about keeping festivals since all things Old find their fulfillment in Jesus how might knowing/celebrating the Feast of Trumpets enhance our faith in Christ?
- What major events need to be "remembered" in a memorial such as the Feast of Trumpets? Num. 19:1-6; Lev. 23:23-27; Ex. 19:13
- How are the Lord's Supper and the Jewish wedding traditions tied by Jesus to his plan of redemption? Lk. 22:20; Mt. 25:1-13;
- Who is it that blows the shofar? Ex. 19:13; 1 Cor. 15:51-52; 1 Thess. 4:16-17
- Putting it all together…
- If you were to view the next 10 days as ones to prepare your mind and heart to repent of sins and find confidence in God's plan of redemption what would you do?
- Keep in mind that the last feast is of "Tabernacles" and is the most joyous of all feasts! How might your family be benefited by undergoing a major "house cleaning" of sin and a spiritual revival? What would that look like in your home?
- When is the last day you woke up thinking... today could be THE day!?
- How can you talk to your children about Jesus' second coming without creating fear?