TLCC Worship playlist.
In a Nutshell: The first truth that must be addressed is whether there are any such things as truth and false teachings. Once that is established you have the ominous task of figuring out what are necessary essentials to agree on and nonessential opinions we are free to disagree over. The Bible spends more time exposing false teacher's by their fruit than it does contrasting essential beliefs vs. nonessential opinions. No question - the Bible clearly warns us to be on guard against false teachers!
Ice Breaker: Can you recall a conviction/belief that you had as a young person that in time you learned was inaccurate? How did it make you feel about the Bible once you understood the truth? About the person/church that taught you inaccurately? About yourself once you figured out the truth?
Title: “Core Beliefs”
Some Questions to Consider:
- What is the source of "weeds" in the field (the world)?
- What do these passages tell us about false teachings?
- What do these passages tell us about false teachers?
- What do these passages tell us about people in the churches where false teachers are attending?
- If there are "weeds" in the field (false teachers and false teachings in the world) then what does that say about the need for core beliefs to be taught in the home and the church?
- CARE Sheet:CARE Sheet 3-1-15
- Core Beliefs and the Scriptures
- What does the Bible say about "False Teachings"?
- What does the Bible say about "False Teachers"? (similar but yet unique emphases)
- A document we use to help potential CARE Group Leaders, Bible Fellowship Teachers, Elders, and Ministers define whether we can agree on those teachings we see as Core Beliefs: T.L.C.C. Doctrinal Affirmation for Teachers
- What is the difference between Calvinism & Arminianism?
- A study regarding Faith, Opinion & Love: bbssflokey
- Os Guinness - confusion about evil (video)
- A study regarding "Who Determines the Essential Teachings of Timber Lake Christian Church?" (What do you do if you don't agree?) Eldership Who Determines Essentials
- Setting up a Lent activity Calendar with your family
- Spiritual Disciplines and Scriptures – a Five Day Fast