TITLE: "In the Beginning..."
TEXT: John 1:1-18
IN A NUTSHELL -The need, plan and hope for a Messiah, Redeemer & Christ has been in the mind of God and a visible need for broken mankind since the fall of Adam & Eve. Now for the next seven weeks our goal is to discover who was this Messiah and what did He want us to know, do, become?
A few questions to consider:
- What other Scriptures tell us that Jesus was involved in the creation of the world? Why is this significant? Gen. 1:26; 1 Cor. 8:6; Col. 1:16;
- What are a few of the significant things about Jesus that are prophesied in the O.T.? Gen. 12:3; Is. 9:2; 61:1-2; Ps. 78:2-4; Is. 53:3; 53:5-6, 7
- How many times are the words “He”, “Him”, “His” used to refer to the “word,” “life” and “light” in John 1:1-18?
- How many times is Jesus referred to as ____“Light”? ____“Life”? ___“The Word”
- What does it mean to you that God and Jesus have been planning the gift of salvation for you since the beginning of time?
- Beginning... Word... Light... Life... Son... Believe... Lamb... Messiah
These are all themes in the book of John which we are beginning to read in the chronological plan this week. They are also all themes that inspired the song selections for this Sunday. I hope you enjoy listening to them on the playlist if you use Spotify... and we'll look forward to joining together in song on Sunday!
This week's song list:
- I Saw the Light (gospel song arrangement)
- My Lighthouse (Rend Collective)
- Here is Our King (David Crowder) with Jesus Messiah (Chris Tomlin)
- We Believe (Newsboys)
- Behold the Lamb (Keith and Kristyn Getty)
- Alive and Running (Kristian Stanfill)
This Week’s Readings:
- Sep 29 Neh 11‐13, Ps 126
- Sep 30 Mal 1‐4
- Oct 1 Luke 1, John 1:1‐14
- Oct 2 Matt 1, Luke 2:1‐38
- Oct 3 Matt 2, Luke 2:39‐52
- Oct 4 Matt 3, Mark 1, Luke 3
- Oct 5 (Sunday) Matt 4, Luke 4‐5, John 1:15‐51
- This week's CARE Sheet CARE Sheet 10-1-14
- Summary of Matthew
- Summary of Mark
- Summary of Luke
- Summary of John
- How other religions view Jesus: Religion Facts
- 44 Messianic Prophecies
Next Week’s Readings:
- Oct 6 John 2‐4
- Oct 7 Mark 2
- Oct 8 John 5
- Oct 9 Matt 12:1‐21, Mark 3, Luke 6
- Oct 10 Matt 5‐7
- Oct 11 Matt 8:1‐13, Luke 7
- Oct 12 (Sunday) Matt 11