This Week's Readings:
- 66 Love Letters - Genesis, pg 2
- The Story - pgs. 1-9
- New Testament Readings - Rom. 8:28; 2 Tim. 4:8; I Pet. 3:20-21
Texts: Gen. 6:8; Job 1:8; 2 Chron. 16:9a; Rom. 8:28; 2 Tim. 4:8; I Pet. 3:20-21
- Have you ever felt attacked for doing what was right? Have you ever wondered if it is worth doing what is right? Does it really make a difference? Does anyone ever notice? Is it worth the trouble and drama standing up for what is right?
- Tell of a time when you were punished for doing what is right or getting persecuted for representing the truth of God rather than going along with the culture around you. Was there ever a time when someone came around and either accepted Christ or expressed their respect for you taking a stand for your beliefs?
IN A NUTSHELL: God notices men who do what is right.
-Noah & Job; Read Gen. 6:8; Job 1:8; 2 Chron. 16:9a; I Pet. 3:20-21; Rom. 8:28; 2 Tim. 4:8
- Discuss how God notices both Job and Noah and the difference in how they were expected to display their faith and righteousness.
- What hardships did they have to endure in staying righteous?
- How does 2 Chron. 16:9a shed light on God's motives and purpose for noticing the righteous life of faithful men?
- How does Satan respond to man's righteousness?
- How does mankind respond to man's righteousness?
- How does God's plan work out for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose? (Rom. 8:28)
- Read I Pet. 3:20-21 and read how the flood was a Type of baptism and the salvation that comes from trusting in Christ's resurrection and immersed in his name.
- Read 2 Tim. 4:8 and discuss how our righteousness through faith in Christ will also be rewarded if we will remain faithful through all of life's hardships.