In a Nutshell: Paul's description of the "Armor of God" is to help us in every role of life including being a spouse and a parent. It might be said that the church's role is to make very clear to families that there is a battle, a battle plan, an armor, and how they should be engaged. Parents, you can't model to your kids what you don't know, and Church, your families can't know what your leaders don't teach and model. Ice Breaker: What is your favorite war movie? Or who is your favorite war hero? Why?
Text: Ephesians 6:10-20
THIS WEEK I WILL...
T.L.C.C. Pinterest Board supporting this sermon series
- How to Save Your Marriage Alone by Ed Wheat
- Prayer for a Prodigal Son
- Winning Your Wife Back before it's too Late
- Hope for the Separated
- Love Must be Tough
- Marriage Under Fire: Why We Must Win This Battle
- T.L.C.C.seeks to put on the belt of truth when her Leadership studies and commits to Core Beliefs and key biblical principles before accepting the challenge to become leaders. We seek to promote the belt of Truth for all of us with the intentional reading/studying from every book of the Bible ever six years
- Background Checks and Ministry Volunteer Applications for ministry leaders and workers emphasize the need for commitment to actual righteousness rather than just the intention to righteousness. Bible fellowship leaders, youth sponsors and ministry leaders seek to provide examples and virtual "laboratories" of discussion and mentoring during missions trips ministry projects such as Children's church, Wednesday night activities, the food pantry and ministries as such.
- T.L.C.C.'s corporate worship seeks to introduce, cultivate, and inspire faith, while small group atmospheres promote friendships that help support faith and nurture faith building relationships. Sermon based CARE groups intentionally mingle the values of Bible study with the priorities of fellowship.
- The Pre-school and Afternoon Bible Club have been great examples of feet that are quick to take the gospel to our community. Our youth consistently participate in community service projects, and help to introduce our church's ministry to the community.
- Our email prayer updates and online prayer page help us to pray for the saints, and consistently reminds us of how to support one another while leaning on God's gracious provision.