Ice Breaker: List as many different sources/places you have gone this past month to find answers to difficult questions?
Texts: Proverbs 1:1-10
Proverb: A Definition: a simple and concrete saying popularly known and repeated, which expresses a truth, based on common sense or the practical experience of humanity.
CONNECTING TO THE TEXT
1. What is Proverbs “for” according to 1:1-7
2. Describe the different potential definitions for “fear” and what it can lead you to.
REFLECTING ON OUR LIVES
3. When was the last time you went to Proverbs to find an answer to a problem?
THE WAY WE DO CHURCH
4. Do you remember a favorite Proverb?
5. What lead to your finding that Proverb?
THE CHOICE IS YOURS...
6. This month commit to reading with our family or individually one chapter of Proverbs every day. Be sure to discuss it when you eat together.
Foster the People "Pumped Up Kicks"
Milestone #3 Adolescence "Focus on the Family's Media/Entertainment Reviews"
"Your Lost Me" by David Kinnaman
Family Bible Study Series - "The Book of Proverbs"
Teens and popular music: Should we talk about it or just turn it off? (11 questions to help youth discern the message (value) of media)
A root is a relationship through which knowledge is passed so that wisdom is gained and personal discernment becomes an owned resolve. How much "life" are your kids getting?