Deuteronomy 6:5-7 "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."
MILESTONE #5 Changes and opportunities: Resources to support spiritual growth through later years, leaving a solid foundation for your family. [assessments, inspiration]
- Empty nest
- Relocating to another community
- Discipleship (mentoring others)
- Grand parenting -a grandparents prayer Ruby
- Choosing a new career
- Death/hospice/grief & hope
- Chronic illness & care-giving
- Preparing for retirement
- Mom/Dad the value of unique roles
Additional Studies: Model, Mentor & Mirror
Questions we want to address
- How do you recognize that one of our youth is within this milestone’s influences/pressures?
- What are some of the most significant influences and pressures for the good… for the bad?
- What are some common mistakes parents make when children are in this phase?
- What are some of the mistakes you have seen churches make while kids are in this stage of life?
- What are some indicators that children and/or parents are growing spiritually through this Milestone?
- What are some indicators that children and/or parents are regressing spiritually through this Milestone?
- Do you have any ideas you would like parents and ministers to consider implementing to support individuals/families through this milestone?
- Do you have any website resources/ recommendations that might be posted on the Synergy Pinterst page for this Milestone?
- Eccl. 3:1-11; Gal. 6:9; Titus 2:2-4; Eccl. 12; Mk. 8:36
- The different _seasons_ have their _challenges_and _opportunities_. Learn them and make the most of them!
- God will provide fruit for those who _trust_ & _obey_.
- Re-establishing _priorities_ and teaching others revive _purpose_ .
- Maturity is the art of _giving_ _up_ that which we want most to receive that which we _need_ most.