Pre- Sermon Thought:
- What gives you a sense of identity? How has your identity affected your perspective? How has that perspective influenced any major decisions you have made this past year?
Sermon in a Nutshell:
- The context from which you look at facts will profoundly influence what you see and how you interpret it. Ultimately that context of your perspective will affect every choice you make. If you look at Jesus and His purpose from “the world’s” perspective you will not see His deity nor appreciate His work and certainly not apply yourself to His purpose. If you look at Jesus and His purpose from “heaven’s” perspective you will define everything by His sovereignty and embrace His will, His work. Therefore... "Look up so you can look down and walk in the light."
Post- Sermon Action:
- Using James 3:13-18 define the context of your perspective; do you look at God through the eyes of the world? Or do you look at the world through the eyes of Jesus?
- I am the light of the world - whoever follows me will not walk in darkness
- Unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.
- Much confusion is rooted in willful ignorance
- Your choice of identity affects your ability to understand.
- When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know ...that I do nothing on my own authority
Prepare for Next Week:
- Has there been a particular female that you might consider as a "Mother" to you in your faith? Have you expressed your appreciation to her?