IN A NUTSHELL: Psalms are songs written by people that the Holy Spirit seemed committed to preserve their perspectives for us. Amidst their own life circumstances they processed the emotions and challenged their faith. Today many people experience their own life circumstances and are able to identify with the Psalm writers. It's like hearing an old favorite song and saying "they wrote you a song".
TEXT: Psalm 84; Matthew 6:26; Matthew 10:29–31
- List all the emotions or feelings mentioned, enlisted or referenced in Psalm 84.
- List all the actions, resolutions and anticipations mentioned by the Psalmist.
- List all the life situations and circumstances mentioned by the Psalmist.
- When was the last time you felt overwhelmed with an emotion that you thought you might faint?
- When was the last time you chose to live by a conviction instead of an emotion?
- Do you see any similarities in life circumstances listed in this Psalm?
- Read through Psalms 84 - 89 and Psalms 32-34 this week and jot down all the emotions you see described.
- Which Psalm is your favorite Psalm? Why? How has God shown up recently in your life? Have you "wrote a song" about that experience?
- Introduction to Psalms
- Website Psalms categorized by
- Psalm 84 by the Sons of Korah
- New Testament references to the Psalms
- 2016 MOSAIC SERIES AND BIBLE READINGS
- 12 FRANCIS SCHAEFFER QUOTES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE CULTURE (RELEVANT MAGAZINE)
- INSPIRED EVIDENCE – A GOOD DEVOTION BOOK FOR 2016
- TIMBER LAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WEBSITE
- TIMBER LAKE LIVE! (SIMULCAST)
- TIMBER LAKE’S PAST VIDEOS (YOUTUBE)