THIS WEEK'S PLAY LIST: YOUTUBE
THIS WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS August 15 - 21, Ecc. 7-9 & Song of Solomon
- WHERE’S YOUR SPACE TO READ?
- WHAT’S YOUR TIME TO STUDY?
- WHAT ARE THE KEY WORDS?
- WHAT WAS GOD SAYING TO THEM? WHAT’S GOD SAYING TO YOU?
- WHAT’S THE HOLY SPIRIT GOING TO SHOW YOU THROUGHOUT THE DAY?
- FOR WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL?
- FOR WHAT ARE YOU CONCERNED?
- WHO NEEDS YOU TODAY?
NEXT WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS August 22 - 28, Ecclesiastes 10-12
IN A NUTSHELL: God designed the human relationship between a husband and a wife as a way to demonstrate his desire for our relationship with Him. From Genesis to Revelation the picture of husband and wife reveals, uniqueness, completeness, cooperation, fellowship and most of all love. In Solomon's book The Song of Songs (meaning there is no song more grand than the one sung by a bride and groom in love) We see that God designed us and the marriage union as an ultimate picture of love, joy and hope. Satan's intention is to do just the opposite, steal away the faith, hope and love. This weekend's sermon is designed to challenge us to hold fast to God's design for faith, hope and love in our relationships!
- How does Solomon describe his Shulamite bride to be? 2:2; 2:10-15
- How does the Shulamite maiden describe Solomon? 2:3-7; 16-17
- How might Jesus' love for us be compared to the love of a husband for his bride? Eph. 5:31-32
- How might the second coming of Christ, the end of the Christian's physical seperation from Christ be likened unto the day a Bride and Groom celebrate their marriage? Rev. 21:2; 9-10;
- How does the Old Testament liken the relationship between God and man to a groom and a bride? Is. 62:5; Ezekiel 16:8; Jeremiah 2:2
- Do you know an older couple that might be a good example of never getting old or bored with each other? How about asking them about their secret!
- How has the loss of innocence in intimacy in the world and even especially the church affected our culture? Where all does the twisted nature of sexuallity show up in our culture?
- How might the message of the excitement and purity of the intimate relationship between a man and a woman as found in Song of Songs be used to help pass on to our youth God's intention for the family? Check out Focus on the Families resources.
- How many different ways is the God designed plan for sexuality twisted in our culture?
- Do you have confidence that His (God's) banner over you is love? Have you answered his invitation to the banquet eating table? Do you know that His is your's and you are His?
- Introduction to
- 93 Year Old Man Sings to His Dying Wife
- Focus on the Family on the Song of Solomon, Teens & Sexuality
- Song of Solomon – FAQs on God’s Sex Education for Ages 11 to 99
- Too Close Too Soon by Jim Tally (Avoiding the Heartache of Premature Intimacy)
- 2016 MOSAIC SERIES AND BIBLE READINGS
- 12 FRANCIS SCHAEFFER QUOTES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE CULTURE (RELEVANT MAGAZINE)
- INSPIRED EVIDENCE – A GOOD DEVOTION BOOK FOR 2016
- TIMBER LAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WEBSITE
- TIMBER LAKE LIVE! (SIMULCAST)
- TIMBER LAKE’S PAST VIDEOS (YOUTUBE)