THIS WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS June 27-July 3, Titus 1:1-10 & Pr. 1-6
- WHERE’S YOUR SPACE TO READ?
- WHAT’S YOUR TIME TO STUDY?
- WHAT ARE THE KEY WORDS?
- WHAT WAS GOD SAYING TO THEM? WHAT’S GOD SAYING TO YOU?
- WHAT’S THE HOLY SPIRIT GOING TO SHOW YOU THROUGHOUT THE DAY?
- FOR WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL?
- FOR WHAT ARE YOU CONCERNED?
- WHO NEEDS YOU TODAY?
NEXT WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS July 4-10, Titus 1:11-2:6; & Prov. 7-13
IN A NUTSHELL: There is a fine line between patriotism and nationalism, but it is a very important line. Patriotism is "an allegiance with attitudes and behaviors supporting a particular nation's decisions and actions." Nationalism on the other hand is an allegiance of ideology toward that nation." It might be summed up that patriotism is a thoughtful, conditional allegiance, whereas nationalism can become a blind loyalty in spite of changing values.
- John 8:31-38 What was the key factor mentioned by the Jews that made them feel they were free even without Jesus' teachings?
- What did Jesus say would "set them free" and how was this to happen?
- How did Jesus distinguish between truth and lies, good and evil, freedom and slavery? What were the sources for each?
- Phil. 3:17-21 Paul equally draws contrasts between two groups of people. Who are they, how are they recognized and what will be their destinies?
- Ultimately, where is our citizenship? What types of freedom do Christians long to embrace?
- 1 Peter 5:1-11 Boil it down, what does Peter say we should do in order to stay the course as Christians in an unChristian world?
- Patriotism: involves attitudes and behaviors that support a nation’s decisions and actions. Nationalism: A belief or ideology of allegiance with a particular nation.
Principle #2 A free people cannot survive under a republican constitution unless they remain virtuous and morally strong.
Principle #4 Without religion the government of a free people cannot be maintained.
Principle #26 The core unit which determines the strength of any society is the family; therefore the government should foster and protect its integrity.
Dr. Fankenstein puts together his amazing creation but then it takes on a life of it's own!
1 Peter 5:1-11 ..."Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."
- Introduction to Titus & Proverbs
- 28 Principles of our Country's Founding Fathers
- The 5,000 Year Leap - web page of resources
- How to Protect Your Religious Freedoms by Focus on the Family (a free ebook to download)
- Family Mission Statement Questions & Resources
- Summer Book Discussion Guide -
- "The Relationship Principles of Jesus" by Tom Holladay (2nd Wed. of July 6:30-8pm - 7/13)
- "Cross-Cultural Servant-hood" - by Duane Elmer (2nd Wed. of August 6:30-8pm - 8/10)
- 2016 MOSAIC SERIES AND BIBLE READINGS
- 12 FRANCIS SCHAEFFER QUOTES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE CULTURE (RELEVANT MAGAZINE)
- INSPIRED EVIDENCE – A GOOD DEVOTION BOOK FOR 2016
- TIMBER LAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WEBSITE
- TIMBER LAKE LIVE! (SIMULCAST)
- TIMBER LAKE’S PAST VIDEOS (VIMEO)