THIS WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS July 4 - 10, Titus 1:11-2:6; & Prov. 7-13
- WHERE’S YOUR SPACE TO READ?
- WHAT’S YOUR TIME TO STUDY?
- WHAT ARE THE KEY WORDS?
- WHAT WAS GOD SAYING TO THEM? WHAT’S GOD SAYING TO YOU?
- WHAT’S THE HOLY SPIRIT GOING TO SHOW YOU THROUGHOUT THE DAY?
- FOR WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL?
- FOR WHAT ARE YOU CONCERNED?
- WHO NEEDS YOU TODAY?
NEXT WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS July 18 -24, Titus 2:7-15; & Prov. 14-20
IN A NUTSHELL: Two main ingredients for leaving a legacy is learning to assess a situation from God's perspective and thereby turning inspirational life lessons into a type of "jet fuel" with which those following you can learn to fly!
The Goal of Legacy...so that in everything they/we may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior. (Titus 2:10)
2 Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self- controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. 3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, 4 and so train... the young women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. Likewise, urge the younger men to be self-controlled. 7 Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, 8 and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us. (Titus 2:2-6)
Start at the end and look forward... what do you want said and thought at your memorial service? What are you doing today to make that happen?
What are some key things that have happened in your life that you didn't expect but may have "set you back" in life? What have you learned from those experiences?
What are some significant lessons that you have learned that have surprised you? Who does God want you to share those lessons with?
The different seasons have their challenges and opportunities. Learn them and make the most of them!
God will provide fruit for those who trust & obey.
Re-establishing priorities and teaching others revive a sense of purpose.
Maturity is the art of giving up that which we want most to receive that which we need most.
God has provided opportunities to grow and many times it's amid changes that are challenging and even at times very painful. In the "Legacy" milestone we seek to coordinate relationships and provide resources that will support spiritual growth through the later years of life, This enables you to leave a solid foundation for those following you.
- "Building the Christian Family You Never Had" - Mary E. DeMuth
- "Identifying People with Authority Issues" - A self-assessment and Bible Study
- "Identifying A Person with Entitlement Issues" - A self-assessment and Bible Study
- "You Lost Me" by David Kinnigan
- "Intentional Parenting" by Tad Thompson
- Family Mission Statement Questions & Resources
- T.L.C.C.'s Synergy Pinterest board(Milestone #5 Legacy)
- 5 Milestones of Synergy - A PowerPoint summary
- Three book discussions for this Summer
- Book Discussion Guide -
- "The Relationship Principles of Jesus" by Tom Holladay (2nd Wed. of July 6:30-8pm - 7/13)
- "Cross-Cultural Servant-hood" - by Duane Elmer (2nd Wed. of August 6:30-8pm - 8/10)
- 2016 MOSAIC SERIES AND BIBLE READINGS
- 12 FRANCIS SCHAEFFER QUOTES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE CULTURE (RELEVANT MAGAZINE)
- INSPIRED EVIDENCE – A GOOD DEVOTION BOOK FOR 2016
- TIMBER LAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WEBSITE
- TIMBER LAKE LIVE! (SIMULCAST)
- TIMBER LAKE’S PAST VIDEOS (VIMEO)