SUNDAY’S PLAY LIST VIA YOUTUBE
THIS WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS May 2-8, Acts 18-20
- WHERE’S YOUR SPACE TO READ?
- WHAT’S YOUR TIME TO STUDY?
- WHAT ARE THE KEY WORDS?
- WHAT WAS GOD SAYING TO THEM? WHAT’S GOD SAYING TO YOU?
- WHAT’S THE HOLY SPIRIT GOING TO SHOW YOU THROUGHOUT THE DAY?
- FOR WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL?
- FOR WHAT ARE YOU CONCERNED?
- WHO NEEDS YOU TODAY?
NEXT WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS May 9-15, Acts 21-23
IN A NUTSHELL: Through the years God’s people have struggled with the challenge/fear of leaving traditional views to embrace what some say are heresy, others though suggest they are God’s view. Should the church call the world to “come” to its “traditional views” or should the church “go” to see the Scripture “in light of the world we live in”? The truth is found in Scripture as reasonable and common sense would have us interpret it. Mother’s Day has been both a triumph and a scourge for the church. The Bible teaches neither bigotry nor feminism. God has frequently opened doors for women that might seem surprising to us. Neither male bigotry nor feminism are from God. The former is an abuse of authority, the latter is defiance.
How do I Love God, Learn the Truth and Light the World in light of these Scriptures?
TEXTS: Acts 16:11-15; 18:1-3, 18-19, 24-28; 1 Cor. 14:33-36; 1 Tim. 2:8-14 (O.T. Hannah 1 Sam. 2; Deborah - Jg. 4:4-6; Ruth – Ru. 4:13-17 ; Esther – Es. 9:29; The king's mother - Pr. 31; N.T. Euodia and Syntyche – Phil. 4:2,3; Mary, Persis, Tryuphena and Tryphosa – Rom. 16:6,12; Junias – Rom. 16:7; Four daughters of Philip that prophesied - Acts 21:8-9; Eunice and Lois - 2 Tim. 1:5)
How can I love God with all my heart, mind and strength and men and women as I love myself in light of these Scriptures?
What new truths do these passages teach me? How will I practice them?
How will I seek to bring light to the world because of what I have come to believe about God and the role as well as postion of women in God's view?
ON LINE RESOURCES
- The Truth Project: "The biblical Family - what does it look like?"
- Rosaria Butterfield - A lesbian feminists turns to Christ!
- Ravi Zacharias - Does God favor a gender?
- Is feminism biblical? (Got Questions.com)
- Mother's Day Turns 100! (National Geographic's History of Mother's Day)
- Bible Gateway "All the Women of the Bible"
- Three book discussions for this Summer
- 2016 MOSAIC SERIES AND BIBLE READINGS
- 12 FRANCIS SCHAEFFER QUOTES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE CULTURE (RELEVANT MAGAZINE)
- INSPIRED EVIDENCE – A GOOD DEVOTION BOOK FOR 2016
- TIMBER LAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WEBSITE
- TIMBER LAKE LIVE! (SIMULCAST)
- TIMBER LAKE’S PAST VIDEOS (VIMEO)