SUNDAY’S PLAY LIST VIA YOUTUBE
THIS WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS Apr.11-17, Acts 9-11
- · WHERE’S YOUR SPACE TO READ?
- · WHAT’S YOUR TIME TO STUDY?
- · WHAT ARE THE KEY WORDS?
- · WHAT WAS GOD SAYING TO THEM? WHAT’S GOD SAYING TO YOU?
- · WHAT’S THE HOLY SPIRIT GOING TO SHOW YOU THROUGHOUT THE DAY?
- · FOR WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL?
- · FOR WHAT ARE YOU CONCERNED?
- · WHO NEEDS YOU TODAY?
NEXT WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS Apr.18-24, Acts 12-14
April 17, 2016| $tewards of Money And Reliable Truth “$.M.A.R.T. Poverty”
IN A NUTSHELL: The most clear test of a man's heart being like God's is to see how he reacts to the poor. Poverty began as a response to sin in the Garden of Eden, it perpetuated through unproductive habits and best addressed through discipleship (relationships).
ICE BREAKER : Have you ever known someone that said, "When we were young we were very poor, but we didn't realize it?" What does that mean?
HIS WORD (3+ Questions & 4+ Scriptures)
- What unbiblical assumptions do you have about people who are poor?
- How does God view the poor and those who take advantage of them?
- What does it mean to treat the poor with dignity?
- How would you say God's heart for the poor is seen in your everyday walk/talk & relationships?
- How could providing needs for others actually begin to work against their "real needs?"
SMALL PIECES (3 Principles)
- You will always have the poor with you.
- God has chosen the poor to be rich in faith.
- Poverty is born out of an attitude, perpetuated by unproductive habits, and best addressed through discipleship.
Until the day of Judgement God will look to how we have treated the unfortunate and needy to evaluate whether we have His heart or not. People in enslaved poverty need people that are not enslaved in poverty to exemplify for them (disciple) what it is to have faith in God and use "stuff" to serve Him.
ON LINE RESOURCES
- CARE SHEET
- $.M.A.R.T. -30 Contrasting Views on Money
- Stewardship Study - What can I do?
- Wealth Memory Postcard
- What does the Bible say about poverty?
- A summary of Ruby Payne's work on understanding poverty (Ruby's book)
- Toxic Charity by Robert D. Lupton The Book A Youtube Interview with the author
- 2016 MOSAIC SERIES AND BIBLE READINGS
- 12 FRANCIS SCHAEFFER QUOTES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE CULTURE (RELEVANT MAGAZINE)
- INSPIRED EVIDENCE – A GOOD DEVOTION BOOK FOR 2016
- TIMBER LAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WEBSITE
- TIMBER LAKE LIVE! (SIMULCAST)
- TIMBER LAKE’S PAST VIDEOS (VIMEO)