SUNDAY’S PLAY LIST VIA YOUTUBE
THIS WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS MAR. 14 – 20, 2 COR. 1-6
WHERE’S YOUR SPACE TO READ?
WHAT’S YOUR TIME TO STUDY?
WHAT ARE THE KEY WORDS?
WHAT WAS GOD SAYING TO THEM? WHAT’S GOD SAYING TO YOU?
WHAT’S THE HOLY SPIRIT GOING TO SHOW THROUGHOUT THE DAY?
FOR WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL?
FOR WHAT ARE YOU CONCERNED?
WHO NEEDS YOU TODAY?
NEXT WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS MAR, 21 - 27, 2 Cor. 7-14
March 20, 2016| “Gifts"
IN A NUTSHELL: Gifts— Spend the next few days thinking about how this fits into your life, your family’s lives, our church’s life? “But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, 25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.”
ICE BREAKER : Recall a time when it was clear that because a Christian friend of your’s suffered you also suffered. And, a Christian friend was honored and therefore you rejoiced.
1. Read 1 Corinthians 12. Describe some “body parts” on/in your body that might be regarded as weak but indispensable? Describe some less honorable body parts that we bestow greater honor upon, and un-presentable parts that are treated with greater modesty.
2. If the purpose of this is to make sure if one suffers, then everyone in the body suffers and if one is honored everyone rejoices, then how does this work?
3. Does it seem the Christians in Corinth were pursuing the gift of tongues or the gift of prophecy? How did Paul react to that and what was his reasoning?
4. How does 1 Cor. 13:1-3 play into this? Is it possible to use a “spiritual gift” with selfish motives?
1. How can one tell if they are using a gift or unique ability or circumstance with wrong motives? (1 Cor. 13:4-7)
2. How do children use gifts? How do adults use gifts? What’s the difference?
1. What in your life/circumstance might you call a gift from the Holy Spirit, or a unique calling (e.g. singleness, or suffering ?
1. ”How might God use your gift, whether it be a gift of abilityor weakness to help other Christians find rejoicing or mourning TOGETHER?
016 MOSAIC SERIES AND BIBLE READINGS
12 FRANCIS SCHAEFFER QUOTES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE CULTURE (RELEVANT MAGAZINE)
INSPIRED EVIDENCE – A GOOD DEVOTION BOOK FOR 2016
TIMBER LAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WEBSITE
TIMBER LAKE LIVE! (SIMULCAST)
TIMBER LAKE’S PAST VIDEOS (VIMEO)