Sunday’s play list via YouTube
This Week’s Bible Readings Mar. 1 – 6, 1 Cor. 1-7
- Where’s your space to read?
- What’s your time to study?
- What are the key words?
- What was God saying to them? What’s God saying to you?
- What’s the Holy Spirit going to show throughout the day?
- For what are you grateful?
- For what are you concerned?
- Who needs you today?
Next Week’s Bible Readings Mar. 7 – 13, 1 Cor. 8-16
IN A NUTSHELL At what point does the healthy competition of politics and/or March Madness leave the realm of “competition” to become destructive conflict? When winning the election is more important than building up the nation, or winning the tournament is more important than the integrity and reputation of the team it’s no longer healthy competition.
ICE BREAKER Describe the biggest "poor sport" story you can recall.
- Why was Paul glad he hadn't baptized many people at Corinth?
- How did Paul utilize sports illustrations in the letters he wrote to the Christians? What were his main points illustrated through sports pictures?
- At what point does it seem energy, resolve or aggression moves from healthy energy to selfish arrogance?
- People that are "puffed up" about what some have over another tends to boast about what they have. But what does Paul remind us about how we got what we have?
1. What is it about "the games" that you enjoy? Is it the victory of excellence in a team? Or is it the thrill of defeating an opponent?
2. How do you respond to someone that tells you in the heat of a game, "It's only a game... calm down!"
1. If you hold a Non-Christian worldview then your only real purpose for existence is to advance as far as you can doing what you want most. How would this affect your attitude toward competition?
2. If you hold a Christian worldview then your purpose is to subdue the earth and bring glory to God. How would this affect your attitude toward competition?
1. What is the Big Picture issue for competition with the Christian? 2 Tim. 4:7-8; 1 Cor. 10:31
- CARE Sheet
- Should Christian be competitive? Yes
- Should Christian be competitive? No
- 2016 MOSAIC series and Bible Readings
- 12 Francis Schaeffer Quotes That Will Challenge the Way You Engage Culture (Relevant Magazine)
- Inspired Evidence – a good devotion book for 2016
- Timber Lake Christian Church Website
- Timber Lake Live! (simulcast)
- Timber Lake’s past videos (Vimeo)