IN A NUTSHELL: The Greatest gift is the one not deserved, the darkest night is the one where we can’t see, the brightest dawn is the one when God says, “Look!”
2. Describe in a couple sentences the point of Psalm 22 from King David’s perspective.
3. What is the benefit of having statements written in 1,000 BC being “fulfilled” in 33 AD and then recorded for truth seekers in 60AD?
4. To which one of the individuals in the Christmas story do you most relate? Why?
1. What was the most meaningful gift you have ever received on Christmas? What made it so significant?
2. What was the “darkest” Christmas you have ever experienced? How did God “show up”?
3. What redemptive work of God do you need to “look” at today?
Objective - Psalm 22 is about David's fear & faith and fulfilled in Christ's death and resurrection. The worshiper is being called to look past this life's fears to see God's sovereignty and his gift of redemption.
Outcomes - The worshipper should leave planning some gift or event through which they can pass on to the next generation a story the story of Christmas redemption in their life. see vss. 30-31
- My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” Ps. 22:1 & Mt. 27:47
- “He trusts in the Lord… let him rescue him, for he delights in him!” Ps. 22:8 & Mt. 27:43
- “They pierce my hands and my feet.” Ps. 22:16 & Jn. 20:23
- “They divide my clothes and cast lots for my garment.” Ps 22:18 & Jn. 20:23-24
- “The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! - Ps. 22:26
- “Posterity shall serve him; it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation; 31 they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn, that He has done it.” - Ps. 22:30-31
History Channel: Christmas traditions around the world
- This week's CARE Sheet
Christmas Candles - online
- Christmas Candles - Brochure
- Truth in the Tinsel - (A children's book about Christmas recommended by Kristi at "creative connections for kids")
- Sponsor a Child at Living Water Mission Haiti
- 2016 MOSAIC SERIES AND BIBLE READINGS
- 12 FRANCIS SCHAEFFER QUOTES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE CULTURE (RELEVANT MAGAZINE)
- INSPIRED EVIDENCE – A GOOD DEVOTION BOOK FOR 2016
- TIMBER LAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WEBSITE
- TIMBER LAKE LIVE! (SIMULCAST)
- TIMBER LAKE’S PAST VIDEOS (YOUTUBE)