THIS WEEK'S PLAY LIST: YOUTUBE
THIS WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS Oct. 31- Nov. 6, 1 Thessalonians 5
NEXT WEEK’S BIBLE READINGS Nov. 7 -13, 2 Thessalonians 1
List as many things in life that you have looked forward to at a distance, but had to endure difficulties to reach. How did an assurance of faith, a confidence and hope affect your ability to "hold on" until you had reached your long awaited goal?
IN A NUTSHELL: Jesus said in this life we would have trouble. He also said that if we are his disciples that we would be hated just as he was hated. It goes against the "American dream" to be grateful for persecution. Today we are urged to campaign for religious freedom. But the Bible says, "Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed." - 1 Peter 4:12-13
- What is the “evidence” that one is worthy of the kingdom of God? 2 Thess. 1:3-5
- Why was Paul thanking God for the Thessalonians?
- What kinds of persecution had the Thessalonians suffered?
- What would Jesus bring to those that had suffered? When?
- What would God bring to those that caused afflictions on the believers?
- Why should suffering not surprise us?
- How might gratitude carry through some level of suffering you are enduring today?
- How can those that live under daily danger of persecution or even death find anything for which they might be grateful?
- How can you or your family encourage someone that lives in persecution?
Small Pieces BIG Picture
Objectives - to help believers to understand how gratitude and persecution are related. For Paul's relationship with the Thessalonians and Peter's example to the Saints to help us look past suffering to see the Savior and his glory revealed!
Outcomes - that the worshipper becomes inspired, committed and equipped to
1. Hearts that remain steadfast...
2. Eyes that see past...
3. Brothers that need strength
4. Neighbors that need Christ
- Open Doors USA
- The Voice of the Martyrs
- TLCC Missions Policy
- Assessing a ministry/mission
- “The Hole in Our Gospel” by Richard Stearns
- “Toxic Charity” by Robert D. Lupton
- Good News Production Project "NOMAD"
- TLCC Mission Support Application
- My Story: A Life Changed - stories of people's journey from various worldviews to belief in Christ
- Becoming a Christian on a Napkin
- 2016 MOSAIC SERIES AND BIBLE READINGS
- 12 FRANCIS SCHAEFFER QUOTES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE CULTURE (RELEVANT MAGAZINE)
- INSPIRED EVIDENCE – A GOOD DEVOTION BOOK FOR 2016
- TIMBER LAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WEBSITE
- TIMBER LAKE LIVE! (SIMULCAST)
- TIMBER LAKE’S PAST VIDEOS (YOUTUBE