2 Cor. 7:5-7 Support those serving by __________ ____________ and _________ them.
I Cor. 16 Sacrifice by setting aside a ____ of _______ each week.
Acts 13 Send those who have been called to a ___________ work.
2 Cor. 11:23-28 Surrender by _________ _____________ God leads.
- Matt. 28:19 We are all called to GO and make ___________. Will you answer the call?
(Where would you like to travel before you die? If there was a missionary you would like to visit and encourage, who would it be?)
IN A NUTSHELL: (Everyone is called to go. Whether locally or globally, we need to obey God's call to Go Make Disciples. And in regards to cross cultural missions we need to Support, Send, Sacrifice or Surrender.)
- Read 2 Cor. 7:5-7. What are ways Paul was encouraged? How did Timothy's visit help Paul?
- Read I Cor. 16:1-4. What was Paul's instruction about how to support missionary work? What principle is there for us?
- Read I Cor. 16:5-24 What was Paul's purpose in writing this part of his letter? How do you stay connected to our missionaries?
- Read Ac. 13. What was happening before God called Saul and Barnabas to go to a specific work?
- What was the response of those other leaders and teachers when God called Barnabas and Saul?
- Read 2 Cor. 11:23-28. What are some things that Paul experienced because of obeying God's call to go?
- Matt 28:18-20 is called the great commission. In verse 19, what are the ongoing actions that Jesus is commanding?
- Discuss ways you could stay connected to our missionaries and missions in order to show support and friendship while they are so far away from us. What do you think of being on a Go Team? (Sign up on the 5th Sunday and be a part
- Consider how you could financially support both the church who gives to missions, and also the missions directly.
- Discuss how God calls people to a specific work as opposed to a general call of reaching people for Christ. How does that work? Think of those who have answered a call to a specific work. What is God calling the rest of us to do?
- Are you willing to go anywhere and do anything God calls you to do? Are you willing to experience discomfort, hunger, eat strange foods, suffer persecution and violence, ask for prayer and financial support, endure long hours on a plane or on a crowded bus, live a great distance from your family and friends? Compare those things to the price Jesus paid for your salvation. Compare the cost to the rewards of heaven, salvation and reaching the lost for Jesus.
- What part of God's call to go are you obeying? Who are you praying for? When was the last time you shared your faith? When was the last baptism you were involved in? Who is growing closer to Jesus because of you?
- Introduction to Thessalonians
- TLCC Missions Policy
- Assessing a ministry/mission
- “The Hole in Our Gospel” by Richard Stearns
- “Toxic Charity” by Robert D. Lupton
- If you want to sponsor a child at Living Water DONATE
- Video - Living Water Sponsor a Child
- Living Water Christian Mission - "Hurricane Matthew Relief"
- If you want to donate to Haiti missionaries through I.D.E.S. for disaster reliefDONATE
- Good News Production Project "NOMAD"
- TLCC Mission Support Application
- A book review discussing "measuring results of a mission"
- Scriptures concerning Praying for the Lost
- My Story: A Life Changed - stories of people's journey from various worldviews to belief in Christ
- Becoming a Christian on a Napkin
- 2016 MOSAIC SERIES AND BIBLE READINGS
- 12 FRANCIS SCHAEFFER QUOTES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE CULTURE (RELEVANT MAGAZINE)
- INSPIRED EVIDENCE – A GOOD DEVOTION BOOK FOR 2016
- TIMBER LAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WEBSITE
- TIMBER LAKE LIVE! (SIMULCAST)
- TIMBER LAKE’S PAST VIDEOS (YOUTUBE