SMALL PIECES / BIG PICTURE
Sunday’s play list via YouTube
This Week’s Bible Readings Jan. 25 – Jan. 31 , Matt. 13-14
- Where’s your space to read?
- What’s your time to study?
- What are the key words?
- What was God saying to them? What’s God saying to you?
- What’s the Holy Spirit going to show throughout the day?
- For what are you grateful?
- For what are you concerned?
- Who needs you today?
Next Week’s Bible Readings Feb. 1 – 7, Matt. 15-18
Title: “MOSAIC: Blessed Are Your Eyes – looking at the world through the eyes of a story teller.”
Text: Matthew 13
IN A NUTSHELL “ Jesus used stories to explain to those that would listen to some of the key truths about a Kingdom view of this world. There is evil, there are opinions about the value of these stories, but we all have free-will to establish personal opinions about those stories.
ICE BREAKER What is a favorite story you remember one of your parents or grandparents telling you? Was there a moral to the story?
- If you were forced to narrow each parable to ONE most dominant point, what would it be?
- Parable of the Sower
- Parable of the weeds
- Mustard Seed and the Leaven
- Hidden Treasure
- Pearl of Great Value
- The Net
- Judging by the time, money, and effort you have spent over the past year what would say you “value” most with your life?
- If you valued “the Kingdom” more what might that look like?
- List the worldview topics found in these parables.
- Looking at all the parables—how is the biblical worldview different from other world views.
- CARE Sheet –1516MosaicCAREsheet
- Got Questions? – Matt. 13 Parables about the Kingdom of Heaven
- Worldview comparison chart
- 2016 MOSAIC series and Bible Readings
- Inspired Evidence – a good devotion book for 2016
- Timber Lake Christian Church Website
- Timber Lake Live! (simulcast)
- Timber Lake’s past videos (Vimeo)