The songs we’ll all sing together in worship are on the playlist!
Last Week’s Bible Reading August 16-22
- Isaiah 20-35
- I Corinthians 8-10
- Proverbs 20-23
Aug. 9- 15 Bible Readings:
- II Chronicles 27-28
- Micah 1-7
- Isaiah 7-19
- Proverbs 19
Title: “Synergy for the Trip – The Early Years”
In a Nutshell: Prenatal thru Early Childhood: Young children are very impressionable and born hungry to learn. The question is if the parents/adults in their world will teach and model how to listen to and serve God. In this milestone we seek to provide resources which will support and encourage parents of young children in their developing spiritual disciplines. [the age of discovery & security]
- What activities did God say could be done while the children are learning about Him and His will? Deut. 6:4-9
- How did Jesus view children according to Matt. 18:1-4 & Mark 10:13-16
- Why did Samuel keep thinking Eli was calling him?
- How did Eli tell Samuel to respond?
- Which seems more embarrassing to imagine happening, a child offering his 5 loaves and 2 fish, or Andrew telling Jesus about the young lad's offer when there are so many to feed? John 6:1-4
- Putting it all together…
- What characteristic or tendency have you learned about your child, grandchild or neighborhood child lately?
- What Godly virtue nature have you intentionally talked about and modeled for the children in your life lately?
- Synergy Milestone Study Sheet (Milestone #2)Synergy Milestone study Sheets 2014 (M2)
- The Early Years Pinterest Resources
- Habits of a Child's Heart (Spiritual Disciplines) by Valerie E. Hess
- Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline by Becky A. Bailey
- Ultimate Worship video (play a song with the picture visible - "What does this song make you think about?")
- What Your Child Needs to Know When by Robin Sampson
- Intentional Parenting by Tad Thompson
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity by Reggie Joiner
- Creative Connections for Kids
- What is Synergy? New Synergy Promo (4)
- Synergy Bookmark Synergy Milestones Study Bookmark 2014
- Discipleship Assessment Postcard Discipleship Assessment 2015
- Discipleship Assessment Resources Family Discipleship assessment and resources
- Timber Lake's past videos (Vimeo)