TLCC Worship – Here are this week’s songs, and as always, they are on the Spotify playlist.
- All Hail the Power
- King of Heaven
- Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King
- Here for You
- Give Us Clean Hands
May 10 – 18 Bible Readings:
May 19 -23 Bible Readings:
In a Nutshell: If the “Passover” was finding peace through Jesus, the feast of “First Fruits” was finding new life through Jesus, then “Pentecost” was finding power through an “empowered” life with the Holy Spirit. The giving of the Law to the Israelite's empowered them to live a holy life, but in reality, because of the weakness of their flesh, it actually only prepared them to receive grace which helped them to do what the Law could not.
Ice Breaker: Describe something you really... REALLY wanted to get accomplished but couldn't because you didn't have the strength/resources/power.
Title: “Celebrate Shavuot/Pentecost ”
Questions to Consider:
- What does the fire in these passage appear to indicate? What does the fire tend to cause?
- What is the desire of Moses? The desire of the disciples?
- What is the desire of the Psalmists?
- What is your desire in reference to God?
- What did Jesus say the disciples would become?
- What are indicators that the Holy Spirit is "empowering" our lives?
- How did those on Pentecost day deal with their feeling of being lost? Acts 2:36, 38, 42, 46