TLCC Worship playlist.
March 1-7 Bible Readings:
March 8-14 Bible Readings:
In a Nutshell: Try some spiritual disciplines that you may not have tried in order to experience a new dimension in your relationship with God.
Ice Breaker: What is the last project or goal that you had to really focus time and energy on in order to accomplish it?
Title: “You have to work at spiritual disciplines.”
Text: I Tim. 4:8; I Cor. 9:24-27; John 15:9-10
Some Questions to Consider:
- How is Thanksgiving a spiritual discipline that takes work?
- Discuss how Evangelism is a spiritual discipline and what obstacles you have to overcome?
- Talk about how acts of kindness and generosity can cause spiritual growth in different ways than Bible Study or Fasting or Prayer?
- How is celebration a spiritual discipline that takes extra focus and diligence?
- Embrace the fact that we all need to be a well-rounded Christian in all the spiritual disciplines. If you only do praise and celebration, you may be shallow in doctrine and easily led astray. If you only do Bible Study and Prayer, you may neglect loving your neighbor and reaching the lost. Discuss the temptation to be a lazy Christian when it comes to spiritual disciplines in general.
NOTE: We are not talking about earning salvation with righteous deeds, but rather training in godliness which is beneficial for both the present life and the life to come. (I Tim. 4:8) If we are not connected to the vine, we will not bear fruit. If we are not obeying Jesus' commandments, then we are not abiding in Jesus' love. (John 15)
- This week's CARE Sheet:CARE Sheet 3-2-15
- One Growing Cycle - Samp Farms
- Consider a Spiritual Formation Bible for a next B-day
- Children's Bible recommended by Becky Flood! The Action Bible Study Bible
- the LOOKout Magazine will be handed out this Sunday
- Longing for God by Richard Foster
- The Spirit of the Disciplines by Dallas Willard
- Habits of a Child's Heart: Raising Your Kids with the Spiritual Disciplines by Valerie Hess
- This week's Christian Principles Class Worksheet #3
- Last week's service, 3/1/15, (part 1) (part 2)