On Sunday, we kick off our new year and the Celebrate series with a few songs of celebration. One of the songs we'll be doing has been requested by several of our attendees as a result of a flash mob video that went viral last month. It's a great song... I've just been holding out on doing it because I thought it would be great to use as we celebrate together to begin 2015!
- Every Praise (Hezekiah Walker)
- Today is the Day (Lincoln Brewster)
- The Solid Rock (modern hymn arrangement)
- Majesty-Here I Am (Delirious)
- O the Blood (Gateway Worship team)
January 1- 10 Bible Readings:
In a Nutshell: This week we'll launch a new year-long theme: CELEBRATE! Many people today are perceiving that life is more and more difficult and complex. Morals are declining, and the economy seems to continue to be entitlement-driven rather than productive in nature. But in Christ there are always reasons to celebrate. The Scriptural context for this theme is periodically looking at the Jewish festivals Jesus celebrated and the Christian calendar developed by the church through the centuries. The bottom-line assumption of this theme is that Jesus Christ is the reality of all goodness and hope. Every celebration must end looking at Jesus. Outside of Him there is no real celebration!
Ice Breaker: What all kinds of events the past 3 months have you celebrated? Has any of those celebrations included any of the following activities, sexual immorality, greed, idolatry, reviler, drunkard, or swindler? Was this with other believers?
Title: “Celebrate - with sincerity & truth”
Some Questions to Consider:
- From Genesis 1 what all does God is "good?" "Not good?" "Very good?"
- From John 1, how is Jesus described?
- From Heb. 1 in what ways are Jesus superior to the prophets and angels?
- From the Colossians 1 text how is Jesus described and what was His purpose?
- From the 1 Cor. 5:6-13 text to what does the "leaven" in our Christian walk seem to refer? (look closely at vs. 11)
- Introduction to Genesis
- Introduction to John
- Introduction to Hebrews
- Introduction to Colossians
- Introduction to 1 Corinthians
2015 Bible Reading Plan & Journal: Once again we have journals available for you to utilize while reading/praying. We are including in today’s bulletin C.C.C.B.’s Bible reading plan. You may pick up a brochure of the reading plan at the church or go download the brochure here: 2015 Reading Plan brochure (1)