Today’s Chronological Bible Reading: (today)
This Week’s CARE Sheet: CARE Sheet 11-4-14
This Week’s Readings:
- Nov 10 Luke 22, John 13
- Nov 11 John 14‐17
- Nov 12 Matt 27, Mark 15
- Nov 13 Luke 23, John 18‐19
- Nov 14 Matt 28, Mark 16
- Nov 15 Luke 24, John 20‐21
- Nov 16 (Sunday) Acts 1‐3
Brian: Here is this week's song list. We're doing a relatively new version of "Man of Sorrows" (rearranged by Hillsong). I heard at chapel a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it... you can check it out on the Spotify playlist! TLCC Worship
- How Majestic
- The Greatness of our God
- My Hope is In You
- Man of Sorrows
- O How I Love Jesus
TITLE: “chURch - devoted”
TEXT: Acts 2 (especially vss. 42-47)
IN A NUTSHELL: It's the second major Jewish feast of the year. It comes at the close of the grain harvest and God has called every Jew to come to Jerusalem for a time of worship and gratitude to God for the harvest. All of a sudden 120 disciples praying becomes 12 apostles preaching and then 3,000 souls coming into the chURch. What now? In verses 42-47 we see the four practices/priorities/privileges that united a very diverse chURch, and set the stage for an unprecedented spiritual harvest!
A few questions to consider:
- How many different nations were represented in the crowd on Pentecost?
- If you remove the word "tongues" and put in it's place languages how would you view the story of Acts 2 differently?
- What seemed to be the main points of Peter's sermon?
- What are four reoccurring priorities the new chURch started/grew with?
- To what RU devoted?
- This week’s CARE Sheet - CARE Sheet 11-4-14
- What is Pentecost?
- Prayer Bookmark for Timber Lake Christian Church -Encourager's Prayer bookmark
- Habits of a Child's Heart: Raising Your Kids with the Spiritual Disciplines by Hess & Garlett
- A Biblical Worldview Summary and Assessment
- Intentional Parenting, by Tad Thompson
Next Week’s Readings:
- Nov 17 Acts 4‐6
- Nov 18 Acts 7‐8
- Nov 19 Acts 9‐10
- Nov 20 Acts 11‐12
- Nov 21 Acts 13‐14
- Nov 22 Jas 1‐5
- Nov 23 (Sunday) Acts 15‐16