Today’s Chronological Bible Reading: (today)
Title: “RENEWAL is deeper than Liturgy ” - [remember, repent, revive]
A few questions to consider:
- What did Jesus say the Christians at Sardis was guilty of? What would be the remedy? Rev. 3:1-6
- If Zephania was the great, great grandson to Hezekiah (Zeph. 1:1) then how was he related to the Godly king Josiah? (Matt. 1:10) to the wicked king Mannaseh?
- How did Zephaniah characterize the people of Israel? 1:5,6; 12; 2:15; 3:1-5;
- How did God long to change His people?
Songs for Sunday:
Take a look at the songs for this week, and listen to the playlist if you have time! It is found at this link: TLCC Worship
We're singing a few songs about God's love for us and the response of love we should have towards Him as well.
One of the new songs we're including is All the People Said Amen. Matt Maher is the composer of the song, and has this to say about its message: "What are the things that, in the church today, people say 'AMEN' to? It goes back to the proclamation of the Gospel... that Jesus is Lord, that He came for sinners, that He came to announce the message of good news, number one. Number two, that He came to bring liberty to the captives, and He came to relieve the poor of their suffering. What I wanted to do is have a song that talks about those two things, and that is something worth saying 'AMEN' to... that's something worth saying, 'I believe. I agree with that.' And so, that was really the heart behind the song."
This week's song list:
- Hosanna (Paul Baloche/Benton Brown)
- O How I Love Jesus (arrangement of gospel song)
- All the People Said Amen (Matt Maher)
- Desert Song (Hillsong)
- Never Once (Matt Redman)
- How Deep the Father's Love for Us (Stuart Townend)
This Week’s Readings:
- Aug 11, Jer 14-17
- Aug 12, Jer 18-22
- Aug 13, Jer 23-25
- Aug 14, Jer 26-29
- Aug 15, Jer 30-31
- Aug 16, Jer 32-34
- Aug 17, (Sunday) Jer 35-37
- 66 Love Letters— Habakkuk, pg 169
- The Story— 238-241
- What is a Solemn Assembly?
- This week’s CARE Sheet
- A summary of Nahum
- A summary of Zephaniah
- A summary of Jeremiah
Next Week’s Readings:
- Aug 18, Jer 38-40, Ps 74, Ps 79
- Aug 19, 2 Kgs 24-25, 2 Chr 36
- Aug 20, Hab 1-3
- Aug 21, Jer 41-45
- Aug 22, Jer 46-48
- Aug 23, Jer 49-50
- Aug 24, (Sunday) Jer 51-52