Title: “Resolve for the Future ” Texts: Deut.17 – Joshua 4 especially Joshua 1 NT: 2 Peter 3:8-9
IN A NUTSHELL: Resolve for the future is based on the mission and the promise.
Ice Breaker: Describe for the group the hardest thing you have ever had to do. What helped you to endure the challenge and complete the task?
CONNECTING WITH THE TEXT:
- How large was the expanse of land that God intended to give to the Israelites?
- How many times is the command “be strong and courageous” given in today’s text?
- What was Joshua to do “so that” he would “be careful to do according to all that is written” in the book of the law.
- What is Peter trying to say in 2 Pet. 3:8,9?
REFLECTING ON YOUR LIFE:
- What “new territory” spiritually speaking have you had to conquer lately?
- What “new territory” spiritually speaking do you need to conquer looking ahead?
- What “new territory” do you see the younger generation needing to “conquer” that you haven’t had to conquer yet?
- Can you describe a spiritual battle that seems to have waged on “forever” (1,000 years) but all of a sudden in one day it was won?
CONNECTING WITH YOUR CHURCH:
- What battles have been fought and won by “The Church” as a whole since the time of Christ, by Union Avenue/Timber Lake since 1952?
- What battles have been lost?