Key Text: Acts 2:42-47
IN A NUTSHELL – In today's society, dysfunctional families are the norm, not the exception. Families are commonly broken up, and the family unit is breaking down. In Acts 2, we see a model family... a different sort of family. It's what a true family should be--the Family of God.
What man and woman was most effective at encouraging your spiritual walk in life? What characteristic (good or bad) is most memorable about your Mom as a young person? What was most memorable about your Dad?
CONNECTING TO THE TEXT
1. Give a one-sentence summary heading to this Scripture passage (Acts 2:42-47).
2. What did the people who had been baptized do after they became Christians? (42)
3. Who were doing many wonders and signs? (43)
4. What did the believers do with their possessions? (44-45)
5. What did the disciples do during those first days of the early church in Jerusalem? (46-47)
6. What did the Lord do during those days? (47)
REFLECTING UPON OUR LIVES
1. What does this passage teach us about our own personal family (mother, father, children, siblings, etc.)? What should we be devoted to doing in our personal lives?
2. What does the passage imply about church attendance? What happens when we see church attendance as mere obligation?
3. What are some of the benefits of belonging to God's family seen in these verses?
4. What does the passage teach about being devoted to our family, the family of God, and the church?
CONNECTING WITH THE WAY WE DO CHURCH
- The passage says that the early church shared everything. If we did this today, we would be considered a cult. But what can we take away from that verse that is applicable to the modern church?
- What are modern ways that we can promote unity, togetherness, and fellowship without the church becoming "just a club"?
"Husband & Wife Teams" Priscilla & Aquila, Acts 18