ICE BREAKER - Can you recall a situation or relationship where you got a sense that there was definitely something bigger than you “going on.”
CONNECTING TO THE TEXT
1. Briefly describe the four scenarios (individuals) Jesus confronts with demons.
2. Who is in the audience of each situation?
3. How do the demons react to Jesus?
4. What are the characteristics of demon involvement in a person’s life as described in this text?
5. What does Jesus teach about Satan, God, the Kingdom, man in each situation?
REFLECTING UPON OUR LIVES
6. What has been your impression of “demon possession” down through the years? Is it real today? Is it something that is outdated or misunderstood?
7. Have you ever struggled with a sin, thinking you had conquered it, and then soon found out that you were in deeper than you had imagined?
8. What are some things that you can do that will help you to never have to deal with “demon possession?”
CONNECTING WITH THE WAY WE DO CHURCH
9. What are some effective ways our church can and should engage into the war against Satan and his demons?
10. What does prayer have to do with this battle? How might our church become a more formidable opponent of Satan by praying?