Describe a notable story of “high school jealousy” that you can recall. Who was jealous of whom? Here is a true tragic story that took place in my Cousin’s children’s school this past Friday.
Title: “The Lord’s Jealousy & Pity”
Text: Joel 2:18 (The book of Joel)
CONNECTING TO THE TEXT:
- What types of crisis and tragedies was Joel warning were going to take place because of Israel’s leaving God for other loyalties? Joel 1:1-4; 10-12; 16-20; 2:2-10
- How did God describe his criticism of Israel? 2:12-13
- For an introduction of studying the Minor Prophets you might spend some time on Savelle’s page.
- How did God describe his passion for Israel? 2:18
- Is it possible for jealousy to be a positive thing?
- What is a “Solemn Assembly?” Joel 1:14 Who all was to participate in the “Solemn Assembly”? 1:2, 5, 13, 14
- How did Jesus describe his passion for Israel? Mt. 23:37-38
- How does picture his passion for finding the Lost? Lk. 15:4-7
- How does Jesus describe his passion for Christians that have kept him at a distance? Rev. 3:14-20
10. What did God say He would do eventually? Joel 2:21-32
CONNECTING TO OUR LIVES:
11. What all has been suggested could be an idol today?
12. In what way did God and Jesus show their pity (empathy) toward our weakened condition? He. 2:17-18
13. What illustrative pictures are used to describe the level of grief people would have once God’s judgment was clearly felt? Joel 1:5, 8, 10-13, 16-20
CONNECTING TO THE CHURCH:
16. What does God want the church “to know”? Rev. 2:2, 9, 13, 19, 23, 3:1, 3, 8, 15
Title: “TLCC – Love, Learn, Light!”
Text: Colossians 1:9-14
- Who are we to love?
- What are we to learn?
- In what ways are we to be a light?